2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1-1/4 cups flour, divided
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 pkg. (11 oz.) KRAFT Caramels
2 Tbsp. milk
2 large apples, chopped (about 2 cups)
Caramel Apple Crisp Bars
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr.
Servings – 32
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Mix oats, 1 cup flour, baking soda and spices until blended.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Reserve 1 cup oat mixture; press remaining onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 min.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until caramels are completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 30 sec. Stir in remaining flour.
- Sprinkle apples over crust; drizzle with caramel sauce. Crumble remaining oat mixture over caramel sauce.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown. Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars.